Have something to share? Want to start a discussion?
Any queries about The MEA, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, by post…
Media Education Association
c/o English and Media Centre
18 Compton Terrace
MEA is the subject association for everyone who teaches about the media at any level of the 3-19 education system, whether in Early Years/Foundation Stage, primary or secondary schooling, specialist media courses in the 14-19 phase, in informal education, and in teacher training. We also welcome media professionals with an interest in the development of media literacy.
Since September 2010, membership of MEA has been free, involving a simple online registration. We have rebuilt this website to facilitate dialogue between members and access to ideas, advice and examples of best practice.
MEA is a Company Limited by Guarantee (England and Wales) Registration No 5932760 and a Registered Charity (No 112 1594).
Aims of the MEA
- To try to ensure that the wider public has access to up-to-date and accurate information about media education
- To provide a forum for the views and experiences of those teaching media and to offer a means of addressing their resource needs.
- To disseminate information about educational research and industrial initiatives.
- To provide opportunities for members’ personal development through examples of good practice which enhance and promote the teaching and learning of Media Studies.
- To develop reciprocal links with the industry and provide responses to press enquiries about the teaching of media; to involve practitioners from all branches of the media industries in the work of schools.
- To provide conferences, a termly journal, a regular newsletter and further benefits to support the needs of the membership.
- To represent the interests of, and raise the status of, media education and Media Studies as a discipline.
- To promote dialogue between the varied constituencies involved in media education, both across the curriculum areas and across different sectors of education.
- To respond to government initiatives and developments in the media industries and to provide a proactive and coherent voice for media teachers and others participating in current and future educational reform.
Read the MEA Constitution.